Now You're Cooking!

So...uh..I am learning to cook.  I am a little embarrassed to say this, but I am a 30-something male, and I cannot cook...but I am learning!  A visit to my doctor who had dropped over 100+ pounds, got us talking about things to eat.  I confessed I usually eat out on my way to and from work.  Now I should tell you that she is utterly fantastic.  The most friendly doctor I have met.  Well we got to chatting and next thing you know she is sharing recipes that she has found delicious and healthy that has helped her drop the weight (along with exercise).  Well, last Sunday I made a marinated beef roast.  It was roasted with herbs, fresh green beans, celery and carrots.  It was delicious and easy to make!

Today I made a pork loin with herbs rubbed into it.  As a side I baked Asparagus lightly drizzled with olive oil, sprinkled with sea salt, and a bit of minced garlic sprinkled on it for taste.  It was utterly delicious and easy to make!  Who knew?

I used to read books about the spirituality of cooking but it did not really sink in.  But there is something about making a meal for your beloved and yourself that definitely taps into the spiritual arena.  Food cooked with love and utterly in the moment is wonderful!  I am enjoying this adventure.

On another note, President Obama finally got off the fence and stood up for marriage for gay people.  While it is about time, I also realize that he is the first president to have ever spoken up in support of it.  I applaud him for that.  All people are made in the image and likeness of God.  And what did Jesus have to say about homosexuality?  A whole lotta nada!  Have a great day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Second Coming Out - Eros United

The Battle of the Beautiful: Eros United

Confessions of a F*uckboy