Saying 114 The Last Saying

Simon Peter said to them, "Make Mary leave us, for females don't deserve life."  Jesus said, "Look, I will guide her to make her male, so that she too may become a living spirit resembling you males. For every female who makes herself male will enter the kingdom of Heaven."  Gospel of Thomas 114

This is the final saying in the Gospel of Thomas.  I have written my meager thoughts and contemplations on all 114 versus on this blog.  Over that time my understanding of these sayings have deepened and the message of these sayings are sinking in.

In this saying, Jesus speaks that the spirit is androgynous and to be whole we must reunite as the primordial Adam uniting with our divine twin or spark.  Peter says she is not male...so she cannot be one of us... Jesus responds, "You don't want her because she is not male?  Then fine... I will make her male"  He confronts prejudice with the realization that in spirit all opposites merge and unite like the yin-yang in Taoism.  All things are in God, including us.  So saying this belongs but this does not is error.

Having finished my thoughts on the Gospel of Thomas does not mean I am through with the book, however the book itself has revealed that it is only a finger pointing at the moon.  The Gospel of Thomas is not my religion.  My religion if you will is the path of direct revelation.  Realizing that I am a child of Divinity..a child of the Mother/Father and attaining spiritual knowledge/gnosis for myself, and living it in service to others is what my life is about..not any book.  The Gospel of Thomas is great, and has opened its mysteries to me, and I am sure will open many more...but it is a means to an end..not an end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Second Coming Out - Eros United

The Battle of the Beautiful: Eros United

Confessions of a F*uckboy