Deed More Than Creed

Jesus' disciples said to him, "Your brothers and your mother are standing outside." Jesus said to them, "Those here who do what my Father wants are my brothers and my mother. It is those ones who are the ones who will enter the kingdom of my Father." Gospel of Thomas 99

What strikes me about this saying is that it is not those who believe the right things who are Jesus mother and brothers... it is those who do the will of God. The Gospel of Thomas does not not teach the doctrine embraced by many Protestant Christians... "faith alone" rather it is a religion of deed more than creed. We are children of God and should act like it. So the question, I challenge you to think about... is how are you to live it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Second Coming Out - Eros United

The Battle of the Beautiful: Eros United

Confessions of a F*uckboy