Thomasine Order of the Way

On Friday, November 19, 2010, Sister Shilo and I took final vows within the Thomasine Order of the Way aka the Thomasine Friars(link to the side of this blog).  These vows were witnessed by Bishop Mansell Gilmore.  These final vows have brought together the exploring of what it means to be a Thomasine in a vital lifestyle.  I am so thankful for this.  This is the culmination of my own private vows that more and more sought expression in community.How I am living out these vows is in ministry in my own local church.  Server, Lector, Acolyte, Contemplative Prayer Group leader.  But yet this is not enough...I also serve in offering free tutoring to kids in poverty, run a community garden in a low income neighborhood, and try to live like a twin of Jesus (failing often).  Pray for me that I may fulfill my vows daily.

Comments

  1. I was so happy to be able to take part in this with you. I am honoured to be a Friar within the Order. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Second Coming Out - Eros United

The Battle of the Beautiful: Eros United

Confessions of a F*uckboy