Power Over/Internal Power

Jesus said, "Let one who has become wealthy reign, and let one who has power renounce that power."   Gospel of Thomas 81

It is hard to fathom that my meditation on the saying of Jesus is on the downward slope.  81 sayings and only 33 to go.  And through these meditations, I am aware of an interior deepening within me.  The GoT has become a life spring to my spirit, even as I go back and meditate on a passage, every time it deepens.  This saying deals with power and wealth...and yet I believe the power and wealth that a disciple of Jesus should seek is not that of this world.  It is not a power over others.  Rather it is a type of internal strength...and power within.  One who has become wealthy in this power...through meditation, contemplation, and other spiritual practices..they will reign as they have learned to truly see things as they are.  Those who has learned to reign through the ways of the world, they are called to humility and even a renouncing of the power over.  I don't think however that all managers or such should quit their job, but to use that internal power within to lead.  One could learn a lot from leadership from the likes of Jesus and Buddha. 

Comments

  1. Excellent post! I, too, have begun meditating on the sayings of GoT and you are so right on! =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Second Coming Out - Eros United

The Battle of the Beautiful: Eros United

Confessions of a F*uckboy