Advent

The first Sunday of Advent was yesterday.  I love Advent.  It is one of those times that is often neglected, but can be truly beautiful and powerful.  It is a time of waiting, a time of watching.   To sit and do nothing else but look at/wait on the Lord.  Where can I see God?  The Gospel of Thomas says the light is within all people and all things.  For me that means I see God in the children, the trees, my family and loved ones...and if I look closely and do not neglect to look...I can see God in the sick, the sorrowful, and the hurting.  God can come in any form, and Advent reminds me to be aware and to serve God in whatever disguise God takes. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Second Coming Out - Eros United

The Battle of the Beautiful: Eros United

Confessions of a F*uckboy