Hey! That Rock is My Dad!

Jesus said, "I am the light that is above all things. I am the all: from me all came forth, and to me all attained. Split a piece of wood; I am there. Lift up the stone, and you will find me there."  Gospel of Thomas 77

This saying became famous due it being quoted repeatedly in the movie Stigmata.   There are two possible interpretations on this (and probably many more but I only know these two).  For some ecclesia Thomasines they would point to this as part of their understanding of a high Christology.  They would see Jesus speaking as divine.   I personally would argue more from the monachos (Oneness) Thomasines.  Jesus is speaking from his recognition of union with God.  We are all sparks of God.  We came from God, and are his children.  However we share the nature of our Father.  And thus are called back to merge back into the All which is God.  Jesus was one person who realized this.  Thomas was too, thus was Jesus twin.  We all too are called to the same thing.  This recognizes that all people of any or no faith can realize this and that they are sons and daughters of God just as we are.  Here Jesus speaks as a saint and mystic who sees that of God in himself and himself in all things.  This is a state of many mystics and saints in all the world religions...Christianity, Sufism, Hinduism...  That we would be able to even realize the spark and fan it in to this flame is a beautiful undertaking.  My prayer is that each and every one of us would do that.

Comments

  1. Beautiful, beautiful. And i whole-heartedly embrace the concept/process you describe.

    But you are, if I may say so, profligate in your prayer intention that all experience it. Do we really wish this blessing/curse ecstasy/pain on others? Better to let it just come if it comes.

    But it is a nice sentiment.

    Sorry, I've been recently very sensitive about those of spiritual power wishing anything on others. i was at a protestant service where the pastor from the pulpit, in communal prayer, asked that 'any experience, no matter how glorious, or paiful or full of hardship would come to each member of the congregation in order that they might more fully find god's will'---i personally did a little 'not me' gesture. I've already prayed such prayers before--believe me, they come through....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mightily lovely! We are the neurons in the brain of God. The whole Universe is God.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Second Coming Out - Eros United

The Battle of the Beautiful: Eros United

Confessions of a F*uckboy