Freaking Know It All!

Jesus said, "Those who know all, but are lacking in themselves, are utterly lacking."
Gospel of Thomas 67

When I was younger, I considered folks who claimed to be Christian but could not quote chapter and verse in the Bible as spiritually immature.  I am ashamed to admit this but it is true.  I did.  My legalism was so ingrained that I was completely blind to my spiritual immaturity.  A person may not be able to quote the Bible but have a deeper spiritual life that I may ever have.  How utterly stupid of me to equate this knowledge to maturity.  How blind I was to my own spiritual immaturity.  I was utterly lacking.  I walked in darkness and ignorance while thinking I was in the light.

Comments

  1. And sadly, there are more than a few atheists I've met who could quote Scripture with frightening accuracy and talk about it with such ease I'd have mistaken them for clerics if they didn't do so with such sarcasm in their voice.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Second Coming Out - Eros United

The Battle of the Beautiful: Eros United

Confessions of a F*uckboy