What are YOU Doing Here?

Jesus said, "Two will lay and rest on a couch; one will die, one will live." Salome said, "Who are you sir? You have climbed onto my couch and eaten from my table as if you are sent here from someone." Jesus said to her, "I am the one who comes from what is whole. I was granted from the things of my Father." "I am your student." "For this reason I say, if one is whole, one will be filled with light, but if one is divided, one will be filled with darkness." Gospel of Thomas 61

Jesus, in the Gospel of Thomas, puts a lot of emphasis on becoming one, being whole, and standing alone as one.  In reflecting on this passage, I am aware of all the different "me's" running around.  There is the spouse, the worker, the friend, the son, and so many others.  And yet there is in reality only one me.  The one in this present moment.  Who is he?  Who is this one that does not change hats depending on the circumstances?  This is my Spirit.  Uniting my soul, my mind, and will to the spirit, I unite the two into one.  This journey into becoming whole, of truly knowing who I am, where I came from, and where I am going is a lifelong journey I think.  And yet there is a joy in the present moment.  What if Salome in this story is speaking to her own Spirit, that she has just begun to realize.  May our two become one and become whole.  May we be filled with light.  May we be single-minded in our pursuit of Truth.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Second Coming Out - Eros United

The Battle of the Beautiful: Eros United

Confessions of a F*uckboy