The Gospel of Thomas and other Paths

One of the things I love about the Thomasine journey is that it is not an exclusive path.  Jesus does not make any claims of  "my way or the highway" statements that some folks choose to hit others over the head with to try and coerce them into conversion into their way.  I used to be one of them.  The Jesus I follow, as found in the Gospel of Thomas, is pretty universal.  You can find Life in your own heart, within and without you...in all things.  One needs only to seek to see.  It is not about having the correct beliefs, or the best practices.  I wanted to point out some sayings that followers of other paths may find joy in.  I offer it humbly as my gift and blessing for you.  Follow your path with joy and love, whatever it is!

Pantheists: Jesus said, "If your leaders say to you, 'Look, God's kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. Rather, the kingdom of God is within you and it is outside you.  (Saying 3a)

Jesus said, "I am the light that covers all things. I am all: from me all came forth, and to me all attained. 
Split a piece of wood; I am there. Lift up the stone, and you will find me there."  (Saying 77)

Buddhists and Hindus:  When you know yourselves, then you will be known, and you will understand that you are children of the living Father. But if you do not know yourselves, then you live in poverty, and you are the poverty." (Saying 3b)

Jesus said, "Be passersby." (Saying 42)

Jesus said, "If they say to you, 'Where have you come from?' say to them, 'We have come from the light, from the place where the light came into being by itself, established [itself], and appeared in their image.'
If they say to you, 'Is it you?' say, 'We are its children, and we are the chosen of the living Father.'
If they ask you, 'What is the evidence of your Father in you?' say to them, 'It is motion and rest.'" (Saying 50)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Second Coming Out - Eros United

The Battle of the Beautiful: Eros United

Confessions of a F*uckboy