Entering this Mystery

When I first read the Gospel of Thomas, I was perplexed.  In all honesty, I could not "grok" the meaning of the various logions.  Only through regular reading of the text, commentaries, and such did I begin to grasp what could be said.  What is interesting is that all this time I missed this: 
"Jesus said, 'I took my stand in the midst of the world, and in flesh I appeared to them. I found them all drunk, and I did not find any of them thirsty. My soul ached for the children of humanity, because they are blind in their hearts and do not see, for they came into the world empty, and they also seek to depart from the world empty. But meanwhile they are drunk. When they shake off their wine, then they will change their ways.'"  (GoT 28 Translated by Stephen Patterson and Marvin Meyer )

I find almost the same thing in Proverbs 1 and Proverbs 8; Matthew 11:16-19//Luke 7:31-2.  Sophia/Wisdom made flesh in a living teacher.  Now don't get me wrong.  I believe that gnosis can be experienced by anyone with or without a teacher.  Also, I do not advocate the guru system.  But I know that a teacher, a soul friend can help.  I believe that Sophia/Wisdom is hidden in every logion of the Gospel of Thomas. Perhaps it is time to organize a mystery school to tell her story and re-enact/re-experience reunion with the fullness ie awakening to oneness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Second Coming Out - Eros United

The Battle of the Beautiful: Eros United

Confessions of a F*uckboy