What Are You Doing In My House?

Jesus said, "One can't enter a strong person's house and take it by force without tying his hands. Then one can loot his house." Gospel of Thomas 35

I remember the first time I saw a gymnast while watching the Olympics. I was amazed. The grace and ease they seemed to do the most amazing things left me glued to the television. When I went to PE in school the next day I tried some of the things they did only to find I could do none of them. I had neither the training nor discipline. In order to realize Oneness, one does not merely assent to it with the mind. God as all in all is not merely a doctrine that requires a mental nod from the intellect. It is something that must be practiced, like the musician or the athlete must practice and practice until a certain mastery is formed. So it is with gnosis. There are many paths up the mountain, but none of them are particularly easy as all require a letting go of the ego's selfish nature. They require a dismantling of the lower self so that one may experience the true Self within you and all of nature around you. So it is with this saying of Jesus...the strong person's house is not to be found on a map...as it is within. It is through discipline and practice that one can attain Oneness.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Second Coming Out - Eros United

The Battle of the Beautiful: Eros United

Confessions of a F*uckboy