What are Those Lights in the Sky?

Jesus said, "A city built on a high hill and fortified cannot fall, nor can it be hidden." Gospel of Thomas 32

The spiritual life often happens in private. Even in a communal setting it is often the interior experience that awakens us. Lately I have been really working on cutting off some of the branches of my ego that wants to neglect spiritual practice. God help me! hee hee. But as I do, I see this as doing what Jesus says in this saying....fortifying this interior city..this spark of God within me. As I make time for prayer and silence...as I make time for spiritual reading...subtle and not so subtle changes seem to be occurring-my personality seems calmer. I am more patient at work. I am more kind and compassionate and thoughtful. As I fortify my inner city....as I tend the interior light, my mirror of the spirit becomes clear again, having all the dust and debris removed and it can no longer be hidden.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Second Coming Out - Eros United

The Battle of the Beautiful: Eros United

Confessions of a F*uckboy