Religion and Beloved

Religion is the finger pointing at the moon. God is the moon and religion directs us to that God who dwells in the center of our being. Sadly sometimes the finger becomes more important than the thing it directs us to. It is much easier to argue how many angels can dance on the head of a pin, than to face the death of the ego so that the true Self may be shown. I view religion as very useful, but it is only a tool. It is God who woos each of us according to the 10,000 paths up the mountain. It is a distraction from the path to build a tent on your philosophy only to dig your heels in and claiming yours is the only way. God is so much bigger than our philosophy. What a relief!

Comments

  1. My Friend,
    I think the Universe is bigger than any religion can understand or embrace. The religions we have seem bent on ruining everything. I would like to think I am wrong and you are right. Perhaps we are both both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you make an excellent point. God/the universe is beyond any words you or I could use. But that does not mean we stop trying. Religions can be good at helping us lay good foundations and such, sadly when they become a tool of "my way or the highway" they become abusive. Ultimately they are expressions of someone's experience of the Divine..and are hand me down things...until we have our own experience...they are only fingers pointing at the moon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Second Coming Out - Eros United

The Battle of the Beautiful: Eros United

Confessions of a F*uckboy