What Is That Growth On Your Eye?

Jesus said, "Love your friends like your own spirit, guard them like the pupil of your eye." Gospel of Thomas 25

This is one of the beautiful sayings of Jesus in the Gospel of Thomas. A friend is to be loved like our own soul...to be guarded like the pupil of your eye. We are challenged to release the attachment to the self to hold to the greater Self which contains all things.

It is also a mirror that is held up for me to see myself. Am I a friend? Do I love the ones that I call friends as much as my own soul? Do I guard and protect them? It is in introspection like this that I find that my love affair is more often with my own ego which I protect at every turn.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Second Coming Out - Eros United

The Battle of the Beautiful: Eros United

Confessions of a F*uckboy