Being a Logger

Jesus said, "You see the splinter caught in your friend's eye, but you don't see the log in your own eye. When you take the log out of your own eye, then you will see well enough to take out the splinter from the eye of your friend." Gospel of Thomas 26

Ouch! What a verse. I am very good at seeing others problems. I can readily diagnose what is wrong with you. After all it costs me nothing to point out your faults and to tell you how to change. But how good am I at going within and seeing with the clear light of the spirit within, the things that I cling to that are illusions and selfishness. How good am I at not making excuses nor looking at myself with overly harsh judgement? Not very. It is only through sitting in silence that I can see myself and see what I still cling to. It is only through the light of God shining in all of us that we can face these faults without excuses or judgement. Then having seen our own weaknesses and faults can we truly feel compassion (passion with) others. We do not know why people do what they do. We know that we are complicated, so how about realizing others are also. We are not called to criticize nor convert. We are called to love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Second Coming Out - Eros United

The Battle of the Beautiful: Eros United

Confessions of a F*uckboy