Do you hear what I hear?

Jesus said, "I will give you what no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, what no hand has touched, what has not arisen in the human heart." Gospel of Thomas 17

I had believed in a spiritual realm but never really had any proof. That was until one summer night. A friend and I were leaving the city heading back to our small town. We were hit by an oncoming car. I remember looking down on the wreck. I saw the other person's car-its color and model. I saw the person get out of that car to check on us. I was watching from above in perfect peace. I realized that someone was there with me. I did not even bother to look at them, but simply told whoever it was that we were in a wreck. Then with an inner knowingness, I said, "I have to go back, don't I?" With a jolt I regained consciousness in the car. I saw the same person at my friends window checking on us. Sure enough he drove the car I saw from above. This was a moment that spoke to me of something more...not here say, not simply a hand me down belief...it was a living experience. That too is gnosis. It is an experience..a knowing that is unlike any other. It is different than what I hear, see, or touch. It is real, and it has changed my life, like my experience with the wreck those years ago. This, I believe, is what Jesus is describing.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Second Coming Out - Eros United

The Battle of the Beautiful: Eros United

Confessions of a F*uckboy