Images of God

Part of my studies right now with the Order is to examine our images of God and to press into what types we see God as and then to press them to expand. I have no problem seeing God as having ebony skin. I have no problem seeing God as a black mother who loves her children and directs them in the way they should go. I really have no problem seeing God as any race and have several pictures of multiracial Christs on my screen saver. The same goes with seeing God as female, gay and or straight. God has been my lover...it is a part of me.

I had a spiritual teacher about 5 years ago who really pressed me to get beyond my stereotypes of God and the ways I limit God. It was torture at the time, but now it comes with such ease it seems comical the way I struggled.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Second Coming Out - Eros United

The Battle of the Beautiful: Eros United

Confessions of a F*uckboy